Túrós Csusza (Farmer’s Cheese and Bacon with Noodles)
Túrós Csusza (Farmer’s cheese and Bacon with Noodles)
This is a quick-to-fix, delicious Hungarian dish! Egg noodles, túró (this special cheese is hard to find in the USA so Amish friendship cheese is perfect for this recipe), sour cream, and szalonna (Hungarian bacon) combine together in an amazing way. Regular bacon is fine but the dish definitely goes up a notch or two with Hungarian-style bacon.
This can also be served sweet like a dessert if you choose to sprinkle on sugar instead of bacon but I am all about the savory version.
Can’t find Amish Friendship Cheese? Make your own! Click here for the recipe!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- An 8 ounce package of Amish Friendship cheese (quark cheese or dry curd cottage cheese or farmer’s cheese) or make your own!
- 1/2 package egg noodles
- 4-6 TB sour cream
- ¼ pound Hungarian-style bacon
- salt/pepper/paprika to taste.
- Set out cheese to come to room temperature.
- Set out sour cream to bring to room temperature.
- Throw egg noodles into boiling water with a pinch of salt. Cook according to package instructions (about 8 minutes).
- Cut bacon into bits and cook on a frying pan.
- Drain noodles and add dollops of cheese, sour cream, and bacon pieces to your plate.
- Season with salt, paprika, and pepper to taste.
Magyar Marketing is a second-generation family business that began in 1988. Our mission is to provide you with resources and encouragement to discover, celebrate, and share your Hungarian heritage with friends and family! To receive our free product catalog or learn about our tours to Hungary and Transylvania, please email email@example.com or call 1-800-786-7851 or visit our website!
Copyright © 2019 Magyar Living, All rights reserved.